23 July 2010

I'm an Eiron

I am clearly too tired. I was trying to think of what to post, and I looked at the title of this blog. Think the song "Amadeus." Now imagine that to that tune, you are hearing this in your head... "I'm an eiron, I'm an eiron...I'm an eiron... I'm an eiron, I'm an eiron... I'm an eiron... I'm an eiron, I'm an eiron... I-I-I-I'm an eiron!" Wow. And it makes me giggle too. I am definitely way too tired.

Anyhoodle... I actually have already started this blog somewhere else, but it was too convoluted. I had posts in Spanish, posts in English, and absolutely no cohesion between the blog title, the web address, and the posts in English. Thus... I have this one. Indeed, any post that is dated before this one has been moved from the other blog to here so that it makes more sense. Just so you know. You... the only person reading this... who is me.... Hmmm. I need to work on that apparently. I suppose I can tell my friends, and then if they find it amusing, they'll tell their friends, and so on. Who the hell knows.

So.... are you wondering what in the world is an eiron? Fun stuff. It is a greek term, a stock character in old Greek comedies. He generally knocked down the braggart (the alazon) by making himself appear as less than he actually is. The word "irony" is derived from this character. I thought maybe I could use this because I can be kinda funny. And you know, the eiron appears in comedies. Also, he was considered by Aristotle to be a self-depreciator. Well, I am totally that. All the way. I'd add false ignorance, but there are times when my brain really does shut off, and I ask/say the dumbest things. But other than those times, I actually am intelligent. I promise. I have a Ph.D. to prove it. Hmm. I suppose that could just suggest I'm a good con artist, but let me tell you, I am the worst liar. Heh. Truly.

And I'm done for now. I want to watch TV and then go to sleep. Later kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment